Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Charms....


A quick post before heading down the mountain this morning....made these fun little heart charms yesterday. For the inner heart shapes I experimented with several different things: felted wool, tin, and Timtex that Gail sent me. This morning I painted up a bunch more Timtex in more colors to experiment with. It seemed to show up and work the best for this project. The background fabric I found at a store in Santa Barbara called The Remnant Store. They mostly sell to Interior Designers, with fabric on large bolts, but you can find some interesting things in there if you look long enough. I couldn't resist the swirly circles..got it in 2 different colors and have some plans to make stuff with it for ArtFiberfest. I had such a great time staying home yesterday, making stuff in between the laundry, making chili rellenos, my husband's favorite, and wrapping presents for miss penny, who is having a birthday tomorrow!

3 comments:

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

Ok Mz Mary... your charms are so heartfelt... I will have to be sure to trade you for one of those at AFF.

xo

Anonymous said...

ahh, variations on a theme.....

Deb's Artful Journey said...

I love these!!

Hugs,

Debbie