Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Naughty cat, Matilija poppies, and wildflowers...











For some odd reason, cats are particularly attracted to anything "rug hooked"....and Tiger is no exception. I have various rugs in the house but the only ones that he messes with are the hooked ones. When I am in the process of hooking a rug I usually put it on the floor so I can see what it looks like from a distance. This is when Tiger goes to work. He attacks the piece and does that funny hind leg kicking that cats do. I just have to be patient with him...if I try and take it away I will either do damage to the hooking or get a few bites....so I just wait until he is done with his "rug attack"....in the photo he is attacking some hearts that I was working on last night. I tend to give myself little deadlines...like, "you must finish that heart you started last week before you can go to sleep." The idea with the hearts is to try and make a hooked heart garland..with maybe 5 stuffed hearts...will see how it goes...2 more hearts to hook.

On my beach walk today I spotted a solitary dolphin cruising along really close to the shore...like 10-15 yards out...no waves, so it came in really close.....I always feel like its a "lucky day" when I get to see a wild creature like that.....they usually travel in pods so that was kind of unusual.


And today I spotted these wonderful Matilija poppies by the post office! The bees were going crazy! And some sweet wildflowers that are on the side of the road on my way home...




By the way, if you know of any other blogging rug hookers, let me know! Would love to see what others are up to.

8 comments:

Judy Wise said...

Mary, in February and March of this year I documented a rug on my blog that I hooked from my own design. It was $#%*&!!! really hard and I'll never do it again. Your blog inspired me. ;-)

Deb's Artful Journey said...

LOL! Tiger is SUCH a cat!! Mine would attack anything I was reading... and had left it on the floor. Or, would just lay on it while I was reading. They do make you laugh dont they?

I know how you feel, seeing a wild creature like dolphins always make me feel lucky!

I love those poppies! They used to grow wild behind our family home.

Hugs,

Deb who cant wait to see your garland!

Dana said...

I do a little hooking. Not nearly as much as you. I'm contemplating my next project. I find your projects very inspiring.

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

silly tiger... sweet little animals are always so curious about things that you would prefer them to not be curious about.

AND OOoooo a HEART GARLAND...

MARY... I am TRULY going to be BROKE after AFF.
xoxoxoxoxo!!!!!!

QuiltingFitzy said...

It's been very difficult finding other hooker's blogs. I'm just starting out, have my cutter and a beginner's stash of wools and some Belgium linen. I'll likely get my frame for my birthday and I'm good to go. I'll stay tuned.

Runner Gurl said...

Lucky kitty..... I want to frolic with that pretty piece too!
; )
g.

Anonymous said...

my cat belle does the same thing! i think i have the only rug hooked footstool that is on top of a cabinet.
>^..^<
katy

Unknown said...

this is just too much amazing Lost and found