Thursday, September 13, 2007

Heart hooking....and ATC meeting




Penny,Lucilla, and Maxine making ATC's for our swap. You can see Syd's "beach boy" art piece on the wall...






I finished hooking the background and made a little door from some felted sweater wool and put a little bird picture inside. I think I will leave it unfinished so I have a sample for the class to look at and show how to finish it up. It was fun to use the muted colors...




And yesterday we had our monthly ATC meeting at the Art From Scrap headquarters. We met and made ATC's for our up coming show there called.."Swapped, not Sold". We will have a place for the visitors to make an ATC and swap for one that we have made for them to take. I was asked to teach a workshop for kids later in Oct. on a Saturday on ATC making...should be fun....I had a good time teaching ATC's to my son's elementary school classes a few years back. I had them make one to keep (and display on the bulletin board) and one to trade. I brought a whole box of cool scrap paper and vintage photos for them to play with....they turned out some AweSome ATC's. For our show (our first one!) we each will fill a frame with our choice of ATC's and they will be on display for about a month in the ARt From Scrap Gallery upstairs....Starts Sept.29..




I took a photo of my frame full of ATC's...and included one that my son Justin made...he will like that.

1 comment:

Tara's Art Camp said...

I love the framed atc's. How do you get them so straight?

The heart turned out wonderful!!!!!