Friday, October 12, 2007

Forest Girl and another pin cushion...




This doll is for the GAllery at FiberFest...Teesha gave us each a plain cloth doll to alter and here is what I came up with. Forest Girl is holding her pet hedgehog and a little basket for collecting berries. The most fun was making her woolen hooded coat with pockets. Reminds me of when I was a little girl making doll clothes on my mother's treadle sewing machine.

The pin cushion has some felted flowers and beads and little stuffed hearts for decoration. May do a little more stitching if I have the time.

Saturday I will be teaching at Art From Scrap and then home to pack for our road trip to Port Townsend and ArtFiberFest. Syd and I plan to make some fun stops along the way...Pleasanton, Ashland, Portland, Seattle and who knows where... Gone for about a week....
Until then...have a great week!

2 comments:

Rabbit Hill Creations said...

I love stopping in to see what you've been creating. Your work is so fresh...love your doll.

Cindy Wills said...

I just discovered yesterday that Singer still makes and sells treadle sewing machines. I'm considering getting one.