Monday, October 01, 2007

Going North....




My latest hooked piece is a surprise birthday present for someone at Art & Soul in Portland, Oregon. I added on some felted flowers and beads for a little decoration. The back of the pillow is a sage green cashmere felted wool from a recycled sweater...sooo soft!
At Art & Soul I'll be teaching some rug hooking and felting classes and taking a doll making class.
Should be lots of fun...can't wait to see what everyone makes...always inspiring...and a large and exciting Vendor night...look out!

I'll be staying with my brother and his wife and hopefully get to visit his beach house on the Oregon coast right next to an ancient cedar forest. I'll be ready for a nice beach walk if it's not raining.....the Oregon coast is one of my favorite places...Love the big rocks and the logs that wash onshore and get sun bleached and are fun to climb on.

Kits are ready to go and I think I am too...
Flying back next Sunday...so I won't be posting for a bit!

5 comments:

Deb's Artful Journey said...

What a beatiful gift!! I will be seeing you in about two weeks!! WoooHoooo!!!

Safe journey, hugs,

Debbie L

Runner Gurl said...

Mary!!! I am feeling all starstruck and happy and excited just THINKING about seeing you!
: D

xoxoxoxox!!!!
g.

Ro Bruhn said...

What a fabulous piece of work. Katie's a lucky lady(I read it was for Katie on Judy's blog)

Tammy Burks said...

Wow! What a great birthday surprise!!
You always amaze me with your fresh ideas and delightful art!

katie said...

dearest mary,
you absolutely blew me away with this beautiful gift, i will treasure it for ever and ever! I am so happy I got to spend time being with you, you are a treasure and i'm so grateful you are my friend.
xoxox katie

oh, and on my way home from A & S I stopped at a knitting shop about 1/2 hour from my house. It was chock full of gorgeous roving in all different colors (i bought several), and lovely ladies knitting away in the back who wanted to hear about art and soul. i also told them about art fiberfest, so maybe they'll check it out.