Thursday, January 31, 2008

early birthday party and pin cushion exchange...




It's been a busy week....I had to appear for Jury duty all week and then finally today they told us that there would be no trial and we could go home. I had fun talking to some of my fellow possible jurors and watching how lawyers work within the judicial system....took me out of my little art world. On Wed. we had a great birthday lunch at a restaurant called Opal on State St. Delicious....and we shared desserts...my favorite one was a mixed berry creme brulee...Yum!
We did our pin cushion exchange...so many wonderful creations! Hope they all show up in the photo...and Syd and I got lots of really cool fat quarters of fabric...some even from Japan!!! Great cards, too! Thanks, everyone!!! I love my art buddies.
The Blog giveaway is still on until Sunday..so sign in if you haven't already....and many thanks to those of you who have made a comment...nice to hear from you all! The cat seems to be the most popular item so far...so I might actually get my ETSY store going...I just seem to have trouble getting the photos sized properly, etc...and I sort of gave up on it...but I'll try again...I have quite a few more cats in a basket that want new homes...

3 comments:

Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

http://www.boogaj.com/pincushion_challenge/

Do you know about this blog and flickr? I love pincushions and have severeal. :)

Tara's Art Camp said...

I love your pin cushions.

About etsy, I wouldn't worry about the sizing too much. Sometimes when they are cropped off, not perfectly center I think it adds interest and makes people want to click on the photo to see whats really there.

You would do well on etsy. If you get started give me a heads up, ok?

tamdoll said...

Those pin cushions are awesome!!!