Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year...2008

My little trip embroidery...
My Aunt Dodo with her barn owl...
Justin and I in front of the Culinary Institute....an incredible stone building...a quick visit looking for Susan...a nice lady in the shop gave us extra cookies and they were delicious!
Giraffe close up...and more photos of the safari adventure.......



We could hear this Serval purring loudly as he sat in the sun....
Zebras!
A fort built out of driftwood at the beach....
girls looking for shells....
pigeons on the wharf....

We got home from our trip to Calistoga last night. We had a nice vacation and sunny weather for our Safari West adventure. Our store employees gave us a safari jeep adventure for Christmas and we picked the right day for a wild ride through 400 acres of a natural preserve filled with giraffes, zebras, gazelles, antelope, ostriches, lemurs, cheetahs, and lots of other animals that seem to enjoy their life in the rolling hills of No. Calif. (No tigers, elephants, or lions!) Then we headed back to our hotel for more hot spring soaking and Justin's birthday celebration.
I managed to get a little embroidery done on the trip and started to crochet my purse to felt.
Today I took a wonderful beach walk to start off the new year in a healthy and quiet way...joined by others taking in the day with beach combing, wave riding, and fishing on the wharf. I love being near the ocean...it clears my mind, renews my spirit and gives me new inspiration for art projects and other things I want to do.

No comments: