Sunday, August 17, 2008

Felted wool fun...

I made a couple of felted wool sweater flowers...I used the embellisher on the petals. I think these may go on some tote bags that I hope to make for Artfiberfest vendor night. The black background is a sweater I found at the thrift store, complete with the buttons sewn all over the front and back. Still pondering how to re-use it....

The softest wool sweaters make the best scarves! I use angora, cashmere and merino wools and have fun sewing patches together...then add some applique, felt again and hopefully some nice fun scarves to sell. The one above is for a birthday present for someone who loves black, white and red.
Been a busy week here....a friend from Hawaii is here for a week escaping the "Vog" and camping at the beach while we have our annual Sunburst Reunion this weekend. I'm about to head down to the beach at El Capitan State Park for a swim and see old friends from our communal days in the 1970's.....

1 comment:

jude said...

how do you like the embellisher?