Monday, January 19, 2009

Hooked Milagro Heart

This was a fun special order that I hooked up last night. I did a little "fine tuning" today and if I get the OK from Pam B. I will sew it up and stuff it and get it ready for shipping.
I tried to give it a Mexican folk art flavor, using fun bright colors. I dug into my burlap stash and found the red burlap that I had bought at a craft store about a year ago. It worked perfectly for this project.
I met Pam at ARtfiberfest when she and her cousin (?) took one of my rug hooking classes almost 2 years ago. I am excited to report that I will be teaching 3 classes again this year and look forward to seeing fiber friends....old and new!

3 comments:

Lori S-C said...

Mary, Mary!
What are your classes going to be? I'm chomping at the bit, waiting to see the offerings!
BTW, I am organizing a collection of embroidery floss for the Wodaabe women of the Sahara! Please spread the word among your many fiber friends! The collection will culminate at Artfiberfest! Just a little bit from us willmake a huge differnce in the lives of these women!
Be well!
Lori

Tammy Gilley said...

LOVIN' the milagro heart, Mary!! Can't wait to see you at AFF! xo

Rabbit Hill Creations said...

Love the heart with the beautiful red burlap.