Friday, January 23, 2009

The Owl has Landed!

Here's my funny hooked owl that just returned from a visit to Australia. He was part of a show and possible book called "Mixed Nuts". We all had to use the same "peanut" shape for our creations. It was fun to see all the different variations that were sent in. The book deal fell through and I think they were for sale for while in a gallery, but it was time for this guy to come home. I tried to do a different style than I usually do...sort of more folky, outsidery, and using sort of the "hit or miss" colors from my wool bag. Right now he is hanging out in our living room.

And this is a little "House Blessing Charm" that still needs to be finished. I will put a backing on and a little wool strip to hang it with. I also like to put a tiny pocket on the back for a little message or fortune. I taught these in a class at Art and Soul in Portland and we had 2 different types of houses for patterns. I had this one left over and may put it in my etsy shop when I finish it up.

3 comments:

ShabbySheep said...

I sure wish I was close enough to attend one of your classes, but I'm in Missouri! Great new pieces.

Lisa said...

That owl is too cute!! I love all his colors....:)

Open your window and maybe he will fly my way....:)

Tara's Art Camp said...

My Fish Girl came back home too! I may sell her on etsy, she is a world traveler!