Friday, April 24, 2009

Making progress...

I'm slowly making progress on my rug. Just a few more little houses to do and then I'll go to work on the flowers. The background will be greys, blacks and tweeds to give it a nice primitive look.
Close up of a few houses....
And here is Henry sitting in my Bird grocery tote. He loves to explore and climb into bags and boxes of every sort. We live in a very old house and that is my very old kitchen floor!
Earlier this week it was warm and sunny....today cold and drizzly....but I got in a Spring cleaning mood and put this fun bird and butterfly quilt out to air in the sunshine. Found it at Anthropologie on sale a few months ago and love the soft cotton and cheerful print.

2 comments:

Lisbeth Bula said...

I visit you regularily and all your art is lovely. But this rug!: I just totally fell in love with it! It is so playful, fun and beatiful!!!

Lisa said...

This rug is so wonderful! I'm having fun watching your progress. And that quilt -- wow! Is that in your bedroom?