Monday, November 30, 2009

And yet.....

we have even more little houses! These are new ones with their hangers on top. I really must stop making houses! And mushrooms! Plus I miss my rug hooking and want to get back to that as Michele at "Muse" is awaiting some things for Christmas sales in her Napa Valley yarn store.

I made this little group out of some very old quilt scraps that my rug hooking friend, Annie gave me. She used to have an antique store and every now and then she brings me a bag of wonderful old textile scraps to play with.
Had to see how the houses looked mixed up together for a "neighborhood" shot.
And I made these this morning instead of cleaning the house. There was a barrel of free fabric at Art From Scrap and I just had to take home a bit. These are the result of my "barrel diving".
And I promise, no more houses or mushrooms, at least for awhile!

8 comments:

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

I could look at your houses and mushrooms all the time!!!

Sea Mist and Sunsets said...

So good. So fun. They do make a great little holiday town. Definitely smile makers.

Tammy Burks said...

I love the light colored houses with the dark roofs....I have an old quilt from my great-grandmother.....perhaps I'll make it into ornaments for my family members if I can make the time.
As always....love your houses!

Marie said...

I love digging through scraps of fabric. It is like finding treasure.
Some girls want jewelry...I want fabric scraps. lol.
The houses are so much fun and love
the mushrooms too!

HollyM said...

I love the houses made form old quilts and the wool ones too! I have a thing for houses as well. I wonder sometimes what attracts me. Is the symbolism, the repetitive design or both? I 'm not tired of seeing them. (the mushrooms as well)

Kristin L said...

Awwww, but the houses and shrooms are so nice! I love the lace bits on teh mushrooms.

Zardo and Odraz said...

your houses and mushrooms make me smile!

Amanda said...

SO VERY clever! I absolutely love this idea!