Monday, March 15, 2010

More stitching...

For some reason I like the simplicity of this little piece....it was going to be a little pin but I think I will leave it as is for now.
For Artfest we like to make a little present for our house mates. I thought a little pin might be be a fun little gift for my art pals. Everything seems to have a Spring feel to it right now! Must be the beautiful weather we are having this week!
Bird pins....
and a rug hooked bird that I finally got some legs sewn on to.
Two friends sitting in the garden.....
more friends added to the group. All made from recycled fabric from Art From Scrap and my thrift store adventures.
Three more tiny linen rabbits with cotton ears.
Tags for my Artfest workshop ....still working on these. I hand carved the stamp a few years ago and decided to use it again.
I will be busy this week finishing up things I've started for Artfest vendor night. Hope to get some fiber jewelry done in time. We leave next Sunday on our road trip with stops in No. Calif, Ashland, Portland, and Seattle.
Artfest is always a great experience. So fun to see old friends and meet new ones. Learn some new art techniques and teach a few, too. Being surrounded by so many artists who love creating as much as you do is a great joy and life changing experience. Highly recommended to all! Hope to see some of you there!

2 comments:

Red (aka Puddleduck!) said...

You've been so busy! - I haven't checked in for a while. Your work is always so colourful and F-U-N! Especially love the Japanese fabric pins and the other fabric layered ones. Sandi

Dori Patrick said...

Oh my! It's always fun to see what you are doing. You have been a busy bee. I LOVE your new banner...those layers are fabulous!