Saturday, September 18, 2010

cloth weaving


 We just started our Cloth to Cloth online class with Jude Hill and our first project is to weave a base of fabric strips. This is the latest one that I made last night of silk kimono cloth that I rescued from Art From Scrap.
The next one is made of linen, indigo cotton and some shibori silk from an old kimono.
This one is made from hand dyed wool and the next one was my first one made with linen, cotton, and silk with some of the fabric hand dyed. This is very fun and addictive! It feels good to be using up some of the piles of fabric I have collected! Can't wait to see the weaving of my art pals here who are also in the class!
Off to the Farmers Market for some fresh produce! Have a great weekend!
 

12 comments:

Morna Crites-Moore said...

What a gorgeous textile stash you have. I love the linen, indigo, shibori one. I mean - I love it. :-)

lynda Howells said...

It is addictive isn't? Hax Enjoy. What are you going to do with the weaving onve finished?xlynda

jude said...

yay, so good to see you have started...

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

That Kimono fabric looks so wonderful woven like that.
Love Jude's work so much, must be a great experience taking the class

iHanna said...

beautiful combinations! i'm weaving too but not taking the class. love this fondation.

Jacky said...

You are going to love this class....such fun and so inspirational with Jude.

Loving your weaving.

Jacky xox

Dot said...

So gla you are doing this class with Jude. I had planned on signing up but didn't get around to it this time. Love your fabric weaving. Gorgeous fabrics and I can tell you are having a lovely time!
Dot xx

Suzanne Thomsen Newsome said...

your weavings are lovely. isn't it fun? i'm getting ready to make a journal cover for a friend's birthday from some of my stash pieces that remind me of her color favorites.

Tara's Art Camp said...

Very lovely, I especially love the grays of the first one!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

I love each one of them ~ can't wait to see how they progress!!

Yael said...

Mary, those pieces are wonderful!!!!
Hm, I wonder what they will be?

She Who Doodles said...

can't wait to see what you do with your weavings. some great potential.