Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Unfinished business

 This piece was started in Jude's online workshop last year. I am finally getting around to doing some stitching on it. Still a ways to go and I have a pile of other pieces that I wove and need to play with too.

 And because I seem to have about 10 projects going at once, I started this spotted owl the other night.

 A couple of primitive dolls in the beginning stages for another project that is due at the end of the month.

 On my daily walk I gathered these elderflowers to make some elderflower fritters! Inspired by fellow blogger Yael Eshkar from last Spring I went to "elderberries.com" and found some recipes and went for it. They were pretty good, especially with the fresh local strawberries from Lane Farms and a little powdered sugar!


I pulled this hooked flower piece out of my hooking basket where it has been sitting for over a year and it will now become a pillow for the living room. Feels good to finish up some of my unfinished work! And there is lots more where these came from!

6 comments:

Yael said...

Wow, you made the fritters Mary!!!!!!
Owl and flower and everything else - wonderful!!!!!

Leyla Navab Artsilk Co. said...

Your hooked flower piece looks finished and great!

www.LeylaNavab.com

Tara's Art Camp said...

all of your work is so inspiring.

Mary Stanley said...

thanks, bloggers! Your comments always make my day!

Marie said...

The fritters look yummy! :)
Love the hooked owl and flower.
I have so many wip's too!
Someday...will get to them. lol!
I am always amazed at how much you
create.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, and I especially love the owl! Adorable!