Tuesday, April 24, 2012

San Francisco Adventure


Friday morning Penny and I set off for our SF adventure. We made it to Valencia St. where we knew there were a bunch of fun shops to visit. We put 3 hours worth of quarters in the parking meter and set off.
There are lots more fun places to visit in the city but this trip we only had one day here so a walking we did go.




Treasures & Oddities inspired by the Garden & Natural Sciences.
824 Valenica St.


inside Paxton Gate...


a fun window display...



loved this window full of crocheted doilies...





had to stop in here and get a cookie...



Fun traveling with Penny who spotted things my eyes might have missed. 
Here she is taking a photo of some interesting architecture across the street.


One of my favorite shops, Laku! The lovely Yaeko makes most of the things in her shop using recycled sweaters and other fun things. She even let us take a peek into the inner sanctum in back of the store where she creates her whimsical delights.
1089 Valencia St.
www.lakuyaeko.com



After a visit to the Cut Loose outlet store (where we found  a few things) and a great Indian lunch of dosa and curry we found our way over to SCRAP in the industrial district. We had heard about it but hadn't been able to find it on previous trips. It is quite similar to our "Art From Scrap" but bigger and with different things, of course. We had fun browsing around until it closed at 5pm and came away with some pieces of fabric, what else!



Beautiful quilt hanging on the wall at SCRAP.


loved this sign!


At the checkout area this fun yarn ball hanging greets you.
 Our checkout lady was the creator of it and we told her how wonderful it was....big smiles!
Back across the bridge at rush hour...but we made it to our hotel for a little rest before settling in for the evening.
More to come...

11 comments:

liniecat said...

Smashing doiley wall hangings! Not sure about the unicorn tho lol
You look to have had great fun!

jinxxxygirl said...

Enjoying the trip to San Francisco! Made my first trip there a couple weeks ago...Farmers Market....Pier 39, China Town..... I wrote down Valencia Street and SCRAP for my next visit. ! Can't wait to hear more! Hugs! deb

Tammy Burks said...

You always go to the coolest places! Thanks for taking me along!

Mary Stanley said...

Thanks for coming along on our journey!

Hazel Terry said...

Have you been to the Pirate shop yet? :D x Ooooo I wish I could teleport myself and meet you sfor a coffee X

Dot said...

Goodness - so much eye candy in this post! I love those doileys(what a great idea). Appreciate you sharing so many photo's with us. Dot xx

dulcy said...

I love your life! Thanks for sharing all these great shots.... it's truly fun for me to see all these fab places, and very inspiring!

xo
dulcy

She Who Doodles said...

sounds like some really cool shops. the scrap place looks awesome.

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Can I come on one of your field trips? You go the most interesting places! Thanks for sharing!

Pixie said...

Looks like my kind of place to hang out...luck you.
Great pictures
Pixie x

Taylor schapiro said...

Okay Mary my green horns are seriously growing five feet. Have always wanted to take a class from rebecca and yours looked fab plus I love Laku and breakfast at Bette's in Berkeley and now you are going back. Enjoy as I polish my horns of envy!