Saturday, September 15, 2012

some exciting news!


Been busy making some samples for our upcoming workshop next February in Oaxaca, Mexico!
Colleen Darling, Syd McCutcheon and myself will be teaching a fiber and art workshop on fun stitched purses, bags, and fiber jewelry and what ever else you might want to make! I will post the whole info. soon. Would love it if you would like to join us on this fun adventure. Lots of time for shopping and visiting artists and museums and collecting things to put on our art pieces. 
More info. from Colleen our trip organizer at:

colleen950@gmail.com


some bracelets make from vintage quilt fabric and old buttons...


these are Kindle holders...nice and cozy, lined for protection...made from Japanese fabric and Guatemalan fabric and more vintage yoyos.


Another Kindle holder with some stitching...had to use my son's Kindle for the photo. I still prefer books!


In the meantime I hooked up this squirrel.


And these are two more sample purses for our workshop....they are really fun to make. It takes a bit of designing to get the fabrics just right, but I finally am using up some of my collection of ethnic fabric and it feels good! We will be bringing lots of supplies to share with our students and have time to shop for more.


Now we are off once again for a little getaway. One last trip before Justin starts at UCSB.
Up to Calistoga for a few days...soak in the hot springs, eat at our favorite restaurants and I get to look at books and check out Vintage Home in St. Helena.
Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Marie said...

Hi Mary,

love your purse, etc and all the crafty goodness. The trip sounds like a lot of fun...Why did you guys choose Mexico? Just curious.

Have a fun weekend get away.
<3

dulcy said...

I must say, Mary.... this sounds very tempting. Love it all, especially the little bag!

xo
dulcy

Dot said...

I wish I could come to the workshop. I know it will be fantastic with Colleen, Syd and yourself. Love the Kindle holdersxx

PeregrineBlue said...

dear mary: it has been a while since i wrote to you last. i live in ventura and had mentionaed a while back that i wanted to join you in your rug hooking classes. i noticed that you have been exploring other mediums and techniques of late, i.e. julie arkell. i don't know how busy you are having recently come back from a trip but i would like to meet you and possibly join in some creative groups in your/my area.

the oaxaca workshop sounds fun. i loved oaxaca when i visited with my husband about five years ago. we ate at como agua para chocolate just about every night. the best strudl in the world is served at the zocalo.

hoping to hear from you,
constanza